Volume 12 Supplement 1
17th International Conference on Human Retroviruses: HTLV and Related Viruses, Trois Ilets, Martinique,(FWI). 18-21 June 2015
© Cesaire et al. 2015
Published: 28 August 2015
The 17th International Conference on Human Retrovirology: HTLV and Related Retroviruses took place in Trois Ilets, Martinque (FWI) from June 18th to June 21th, 2015. The main topic covered during the meeting was human T-lymphotropic viruses (HTLVs) and was subdivided in distinct sessions: clinical research, animal models, immunology, molecular and cellular biology, and virology. The following abstracts were presented.
- Filippone C, Betsem E, Tortevoye P, Cassar O, Bassot S, Froment A, Fontanet A, Gessain A: A severe bite from a non-human primate is a major risk factor for HTLV-1 infection in hunters from Central Africa. Clin Infect Dis. 2015, doi: 10.1093/cid/civ145Google Scholar
- Billioux BJ, Massoud R, Ohayon J, Cortese I, Ratner L, Caruso B, Johnson K, Alahata Y, Jacobson S: Pilot Study of Raltegravir, an Integra se Inhibitor, in HT LV-1 Associated Myelopathy/Tropical Spastic Paraparesis (HAM/TSP). J Neurovirol. 2015, 21 (Suppl 1): Abstract P17Google Scholar
- Anderson M, Lepene B, Ohayon J, Kasanchi F, Jacobson S: Detection of Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus Type I proteins in exosomes from HAM/TSP patient CSF by novel nanotrap technology. J Neurovirol. 2015, 21 (Suppl 1): Abstract P4Google Scholar
- Choi YB, Harhaj EW: HTLV-1 Tax Stabilizes MCL-1 via TRAF6-Dependent K63-Linked Polyubiquitination to Promote Cell Survival and Transformation. PLoS Pathog. 2014, 10 (10): e1004458-10.1371/journal.ppat.1004458. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1004458PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Jain P, Lavorgna A, Sehgal M, Gao L, Ginwala R, Sagar D, Harhaj EW, Khan JK: Myocyte enhancer factor (MEF)-2 plays essential roles in T-cell transformation associated with HTLV-1 infection by stabilizing complex between Tax and CREB. Retrovirology. 2015, 12: 23-doi:10.1186/s12977-015-0140-1PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.